My client has been the success story of the decade in the European cosmetics industry. Their brands are now sold in more than 70 countries and are the leading cosmetics brand in many countries. They have gained a passionate consumer following by offering high quality, on-trend products at exceptional prices. They have an aggressive business development plan that will result in distribution and business expansion over the coming years. They are seeking a talented individual to join their growing North American Team based in New York City.
You will be part of a growing team building our North American Business. You will be responsible for the development and management of several sales and customer service processes. To be successful in this role, you will need to possess excellent communications and analytical skills, have the ability to build strong relationships, and show a continuous passion, energy and drive for results.
This is an exciting opportunity to get on-board with a highly successful company. They are a fast moving organization that values openness and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are seeking an individual with knowledge of the category and a track record of success. The role involves not only managing existing sales planning and management processes, but also developing new processes that will support the planning, development and servicing the business with our key accounts. The role will grow as we do.
Education: 4 Year Undergraduate Degree, Major in Business
Experience: 5-8 years in Sales Operations
Industry: Fast Moving Consumer Goods, preferably in Beauty, ideally in Cosmetics
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid knowledge of the trade and customers
- Solid understanding of trade financials/terms and customer planning and marketing
- Good understanding of the extended supply chain and customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communicator on all levels (internal/external)
- Ability to participate/lead in a team environment to achieve common objectives while building relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to identify areas that can benefit from process development/re-engineering
- Motivated/Enthusiastic, Organized, Goal Oriented, Mentally Flexible, Pragmatic
- Open to learning, thinking outside the box and open minded
- Computer: Very comfortable with IT, strong Excel & PowerPoint skills, SAP exposure a plus.
Specific Job Duties:
- Achieve strategic and financial targets
- Identify areas/processes in sales operations that require development
- Key role in the annual planning processes for each key account
- Support key account sales team with analyses and presentations
- Manage back-end customer data uploads (e.g. vendor board)
- Work closely with internal departments to deliver excellent customer service
- Successfully work in a team with supply chain and key account management
- Develop deep understanding of customer and category dynamics
- Manage key account sales forecasting budgets