My client is a global information services firm providing knowledge support to both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Through our unique, fixed-cost model we provide customized, timely, and authoritative research and advice enabling our clients to make informed decisions, identify and seize opportunities, and heighten their effectiveness.
They are seeking business development professionals
to market their customized information services solutions to senior level executives at Fortune 1000 sized companies. They’re looking for applicants with a proven track record in business development to consult with senior level decision-makers within these companies with the goal of converting them into clients. While this is a hunter role, we are seeking business development professionals with complex critical thinking skills and consultative experience in guiding organizations to make evidence-based decisions by uncovering research solutions to their fundamental needs. The ability to qualify leads, identify decision makers and deliver polished presentations that move opportunities to close to generate revenue, is critical to success in this role. Successful Business Development Directors must also be able to recognize unspoken needs within a company and articulate how my client's services can address those areas successfully – thus acting as an expert market research consultant for each prospective organization. Their Business Development Directors are high-energy, self-motivated, agile, and are able to think and respond quickly. They are believers in the power of market research, results oriented and possess the ability to drive urgency and decision-making. These directors are also responsible for the coaching and mentoring of their Business Development Associate, an entry level lead generator/cold caller. A successful candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
· A Bachelor’s degree demonstrating high achievement from an accredited academic institution;
· Ability to manage a robust pipeline and forecast based upon realistic opportunity assessment;
· Willingness to be accountable for aggressive monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue goals;
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in a consultative sales, market research sales or fundraising role;
· Proven track record of success in a high-activity sales environment via phone or in-person by consistently meeting or exceeding all performance metrics.
This position offers a base salary plus substantial performance-based compensation. My client offers significant advancement opportunities to talented, motivated individuals.